The Road to SXSW: Rapsody
The DJBooth is proud to announce that Rapsody will be rocking on our stage for this year's SXSW music festival in Austin. Rapsody is the new force in hip hop, blazing the trail for a new generation of emcees, showcasing effortless lyrical mastery while celebrating a hip0hop renaissance. "Hip hop in its essence is real; I'm still hearing every rhyme."
The protégé of Grammy Award-winning producer 9th Wonder, Rapsody is the first lady of North Carolina super crew Kooley High and one of the first artists signed to Jamla Records/It's A Wonderful World Music Group. Her style is polished and distinct, and her wordplay and flow are unparalleled in both delivery and execution. As she continues to strive to contend with her hip hop predecessors like Jay-Z and Mos Def, Rapsody is already undeniably one of the strongest and most promising forces in today's hip hop culture.
DJBooth Hosted Projects: The Black Mamba
Thank H.E.R. Now
Return of the B-Girl
Have you previously performed at SXSW?
No, I have never performed at SXSW. This is be my first time performing and my first official showcase.
What are you looking forward to most about the experience?
I'm excited about a number of things. I have heard so many great things about SXSW. I'm really looking forward to performing for the first time, and I'm excited to share the stage with many of my peers in the game that I too am a fan of.
The experience of having so many different artists, and different genres of music in one place, is like a Candy Land for artist and fans alike.
What fellow artists are you most excited to see perform?
I'm excited to see Nas, Kendrick Lamar, Big K.R.I.T., Freeway, Schoolboy Q, T.I., Mobb Deep, Nikkiya, Laws, and Torae, to name a few.
If you'll be in Austin on Saturday, March 17, you'll want to check out DJBooth's SXSW stage, featuring Freeway, Skyzoo, Thurz and many more. For all things SXSW, including information on purchasing passes, check out A3CFestival.com.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/9/12
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.