Rick Ross Nabs #1 Album In The Country With “Trilla”
New York, NY -- Ted Lucas, CEO of Slip-N-Slide Records, South Florida’s #1 Independent label who has been at the forefront of the Miami music scene for over 14 years, has reached another level of success by having his artist Rick Ross debut at #1 album with his second album TRILLA with 198,000 copies sold! This is the second #1 album for the celebrated hip hop superstar. The #1 chart debut- and #1 Digital Album - was driven by Ross’ current single, “The Boss,” featuring T-Pain.
Says Ted Lucas, “Hard work pays off. Slip-N-Slide Records is not only a nationally recognized record label but now will be internationally acclaimed especially with the arrival of Rick Ross, Trina April 1st and Qwote this summer.”
“The Boss” was produced by Jonathan Rotem. The new single moves up to #14-bullet on both the R&R/BDS and Media base urban charts; and also breaks the Top 40 on both the R&R/BDS and Media base Rhythmic charts. The song’s Hot 100 Airplay audience continues to build, now over 28 million with 3,600-plus spins. Online, Rick’s personal “TrillaWorld” blog is in its second month of operation. His http://www.myspace.com/rickross website shows more than 14.3 million profile views, and over 366,000 friends, with an amazing 22.8 million total plays.
Since the inception of Slip-N-Slide Records in 1993 Slip-N-Slide has sold over 15 million records and counting. Slip-N-Slide Records is home to some of the most provocative and infamous top chart-topping superstars including Trina, Plies, Rick Ross and future crossover pop superstar Qwote who will be releasing his debut album this summer through Lucas’ joint venture deal with Jive Records. With a roster that has continually maintained the relevance and respect of today’s music Slip-N-Slide Records is not just another record label, but a way of life that America has embraced and soon the international global market will embrace as well.
Written by DJ Z on 03/19/08
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.