Re-Produced Profile: Soulslicers [DJBooth Interview Exclusive]
Tomorrow, July 30, The DJBooth will release the latest installment of Re-Produced, an exclusive EP series in which three hand-picked producers will put their own spin on a record by a reader-approved artist. Number two in the series will be based around "Blur," a Wrekonize-produced cut off underground icon Tech N9ne's Klusterfuk EP. In anticipation of the project's arrival, we're making sure each of the participating beatsmiths has been properly introduced to our readership with a series of exclusive producer profiles.
In the third and final profile, we chop it up with The Soulslicers, the Swiss beat crew who recently colaborated with Massachusetts rhymesayer Quite Nyce on Booth-sponsored EP Cautious.
Full Name: The Soulslicers is a crew composed of four beatmakers and one manager.
Years Producing: The crew was built in 2010.
What tools and/or production software do you use?
Head phones or monitors?
We use both phones and monitors.
What production work are you most proud thus far of in your career?
We dropped our debut album (recently re-released for free at DJBooth) last year with M-Dot, REKS, Shyheim, Quite Nyce and many more MCs. We are also very proud of our brand new EP with Quite Nyce called, entitled Cautious.
Describe the process by which you "Re-Produced" Tech N9ne's "Blur" record.
As soon as Z brought us this opportunity we immediately rushed to our lab and made this beat exclusively for the remix.
What should readers expect from you in the coming months?
We are now working on a free mixtape and we produced King Magnetic's next single.
Written by richard on 07/29/12
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.