Re-Produced Profile: Ro. Blvd [DJBooth Interview Exclusive]
On October 31, The DJBooth will release the latest installment of Re-Produced, an exclusive EP series in which three hand-picked producers put their own spin on a record by a reader-approved artist. Edition number three in the series will be based around "We Up," a record off Philly rhymesayer Freeway's Freedom of Speech free LP. To celebrate the project's arrival, we're making sure each of the participating beatsmiths has been properly introduced to our readership with a series of exclusive producer profiles.
In the second of three profiles, we chop it up with Cali native and frequent THURZ collaborator Ro. Blvd. Click here to listen to Ro's "We Up" re-production, premiered today in the Booth.
Producer Name: Ro Blvd
Years Producing: 11 years
What tools and/or production software do you use?
I use an Akai MPC 2000XL, Pro Tools, sacrificial human beings, and my brain.
Head phones or monitors?
Both. But I always take advantage of any and everything that's within my grasp.
What production work are you most proud of thus far in your career?
I'm proud of all my work. But most recently, I'm very very proud of my latest album, Heart Pounding Panic, out now.
Describe the process by which you "Re-Produced" Freeway's "We Up" record.
I opened up my email from DJ Z, ate some breakfast, loaded up my zip discs, chopped, scratched, mixed, e-mailed DJ Z. Done.
What should readers expect from you in the coming months?
Videos, DJ'n events/parties, free music, and a new album from my company PaperoseImagination.com.
Written by richard on 10/17/12
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.