Reprise Records to Launch Mobile Fan Club for Crime Mob
BURBANK, CA -- Reprise Records has launched an innovative mobile fan club for the Atlanta, GA group that not only lets fans receive artist-voiced updates sent directly to their cell phones, but also allows subscribers to call in anytime to listen to messages and leave their own voicemails for band members -- creating a more personal and interactive experience for fans. Crime Mob will broadcast brief, exclusive updates about album news, secret tour dates, new website content alerts, and other band-related activities.
Looking for a way to communicate more effectively with Crime Mob's loyal and deep-rooted fan base, Warner Bros./Reprise Records New Media department chose to partner with SayNow, a Palo Alto, California-based company that has developed this unique voice technology, to deliver a more interactive alternative to simple cell phone alerts provided by other companies. Subscribers can choose to receive a phone call or text message, and will be able to reply directly to band members or respond to a poll simply by pressing a key on their phone. The service, which is free and instantly accessible from anywhere, also enables fans to purchase ringtones, downloads, and other Crime Mob merchandise via phone.
"We approached Warner Bros. because they have the reputation for being the first to adopt new technology for their artists," says SayNow product manager Prashanth Ranganathan. "They are a terrific partner because they understand the value of reaching an artist's fan base instantly and effectively," adds SayNow CEO Nikhyl Singhal, "they continue to be on the cutting edge of mobile services and we are excited to help them find new ways to reach their fans using the power of voice."
Their current video "Rock Yo Hips" from the crew's highly anticipated debut album "Hated on Mostly," which is due from Reprise Records on March 20th, is on rotation at MTV, and BET and currently on BET's "106 & Park" Countdown. Crime Mob is Diamond, Cyco Black, Princess, Lil Jay and MIG.
To join and begin receiving weekly voice messages, call 818-836-8024.
Written by DJ Z on 03/13/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.