Remy Ma Nominated for BET Award Second Year in a Row
NEW YORK, NY -- Acclaimed hip-hop star, Remy Ma has just been nominated for another coveted honor, the 6th Annual BET Award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist. The program will air live on Tuesday, June 27th at 8:00 pm EDT, from the Hollywood's historic Shrine Auditorium. Remy won the prestigious award last year, at the 5th annual awards despite not yet having a solo album under her belt. Her debut disc, There's Something About Remy: Based On A True Story was released earlier this year. "I feel honored to be nominated for the second time and humbled to be in a category with such talented and great artists," says Remy. Other nominees include Missy Elliott, Trina, Lil Kim and Shawnna.
Following up on her smash hit song "Conceited," Remy is currently on the road promoting her newest single, "Feels So Good," featuring Ne-Yo (another BET Award nominee). Both tracks are featured on her critically-acclaimed solo debut, There's Something About Remy: Based On A True Story.
Backed by super producers Scott Storch, Swizz Beats Miami's Cool and Dre and label mate David Banner, Remy Ma's talent and solo effort have earned praise and raves from a wide array of critics: Playboy calls Remy, "one of hip hop's most talented MC's;" XXL describes There's Something About Remy ... as "lyrically daring;" Spin calls it "creative;" and Vibe declares Remy Ma a "fresh, intriguing new voice."
Remy broke onto the hip-hop scene in 2000 when she was known as the hardcore femme fatale featured on M.O.P.'s "Ante Up-Remix." She went on to forge legendary MC battles on several underground mixtapes, culminating with her joining forces with the Terror Squad and their subsequent 2004 summer smash "Lean Back." That same year, she became the only female rapper nominated for a Grammy Award for "Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group" and was the winner of two Source Awards for "Best Female Rap Collabo" and "Best Rap Group Of The Year" along with Terror Squad.
Written by DJ Z on 05/17/06
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.