RefinedHype.com’s Fails of the Week: Drake, Kelis, Marbury and More
Schadenfreude is a psychological term used to describe someone who takes pleasure in the failure of others (aka haters), and while I certainly didn't derive any enjoyment from some of the epic fails below, they were too egregious not to be called out. As part of an ongoing series on DJBooth.net's partner site RefinedHype.com, I'll be breaking down the the best...or worst...Fails of the Week from the world of hip-hop, sports, pop culture and beyond. This week I dig into the insanity surrounding Drake's latest leak, Stephon Marbury's move to China and much more...
After it became inevitable that the track would be leaked, producers Tha Bizness decided to let go of a snippet of their new cut with Drizzy, "Love & Gunz". Now this was a smart move by Tha Bizness, if you can't beat em join em, right? - no, the fail here is on the part of every hip-hop fan who acted like "Love & Gunz" was a holy grail, a hip-hop Ark of the Covenant if you will, and flooded internet forums either blasting the track or defending its greatness. People, this is a snippet of a song - it's not even a minute long. Calm..the f**k...down.
At one time Stephon Marbury was a temperamental but undeniably talented first-round draft pick and two-time All-Star who had to be included in any "best scoring guard alive" conversation. And now? Now he's headed off to the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) to play for Shanxi, a team that has the second worst record in the league. So not only is Stephon forced to play ball in China, only the New Jersey Nets of the CBA would sign him. Hmmm...I wonder what why NBA teams don't want to come anywhere near him?
For even more Fails of the Week on RefinedHype.com, click here.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/18/10
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.