Rawkus Network Launches The Eagerly Anticipated Rawkus 50
New York, NY -- Rawkus, the brand synonymous with groundbreaking hip-hop returns to their roots in artist development.
The Rawkus Network (rawkus.com), home to blog favorites and taste-makers such as RealtalkNY.net, SmokingSection.net, TheRapUp.net, and Fatlacemagazine.com, announces the Nov. 27th all digital launch of The Rawkus 50, a who’s who of the hottest underground artists in Hip Hop today.
Chosen from hundreds of submissions, all Rawkus 50 artists’ profiles can be viewed on my.rawkus.com, a community platform that both blogs and artists share. A total of 650 exclusive tracks, representing 50 albums, will be available for digital download at I-Tunes and other relevant digital retailers worldwide. Each artist also has the option to independently release the music in physical CD form. To select the top 50 artists from a huge amount of submissions, Rawkus drafted veteran underground hip hop producer Slopfunkdust as Rawkus 50 A&R Director. All artists receive the marketing and promotion of Rawkus founders Brian Brater and Jarret Myer, who conceived of the Rawkus 50 as a countermeasure to falling CD sales and a general decline in artist development at music labels.
The Rawkus 50 member diversity, cumulative artistic strengths and touring capacity are evident; however, the Rawkus Network will provide coverage throughout its community of blogs with additional on-line promotion via its social network, worldwide digital distribution using IODA Distribution Alliance, print ads and a National series of Rawkus 50 events.
Below are some examples of what The Rawkus 50 has to offer. For more information and links to each artist’s profile page visit my.rawkus.com/group/rawkus50
-L.E.G.A.C.Y. is a widely respected Justus League member and Little Brother affiliate member.
-The Foundation’s members and session musicians have played live, recorded, and produced for Me’shell Ndegeocelo, Beyonce, Robert Glasper, Mary J. Blige, Tribe Called Quest, Bilal, Kareem Riggins, and Sa-Ra Creative Partners.
- Custom Made - Well known on LA’s mixtape circuit, Custom Made just signed a long term deal with Babygrande Records
- Mookie Jones, son of R&B Legend and original Def Jam roster artist Oran “Juice” Jones, was just 15 years old he won 1st place in 2003 National “Roc-The-Mic” competition sponsored by Roc-A-Fella Records. One year later he placed 1st in the Houston Source Battle and recently won Scion’s “The Prospect” competition.
- Atllas, has been featured as a mentor of the highly rated MTV “MADE” series, and is headlining the official Phoenix Suns Tour with Hot-Rod (G-Unit).
- 6th Sense, an Mc/Producer has collaborated/produced with Snoop Dogg, Aaron Carter, Scram Jones and Frequency. He is dropping his Rawkus 50 Mick Boogie tape now.
- SunN.Y was signed by Jermaine Dupri to Virgin Records Urban live on 106th and Park after winning over the BET MC battle
- Krukid, a Ugandan Native received a 4 Star OKAYPLAYER review for his Rawkus 50 album, “African” The respected Website wrote: “This is a great hip hop album, but above all it is a well crafted piece of art filled with substance.”
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.