Rappers Join MTV’s ‘Celebrity Rap Superstar’
New York, NY -- Redman, Bizarre, Too Short, Bubba Sparxx, Kurupt, Jamal Anderson, Jason Wahler, Efren Ramirez and DMC join "Celebrity Rap Superstar." On Thursday, August 30th at 10pm ET some of your favorite celebrities and rappers will make history during this huge live event. They will join Perez Hilton, Tone Loc, Warren G, McLyte, Da Brat, Shar Jackson, Kendra Wilkinson, Sebastian Bach, Countess Vaughn and Kevin Hart whose names were previously announced. The celebrities will work hard to be great rappers and throughout the season perform covers and original rap, R&B, pop and rock songs.
This live weekly competition series will pair eight contestants with their own rap mega-star mentor who will share their knowledge and skills, preparing the celebrity contestants with the technique they need to master this art form. For eight weeks the contestants originating from their respective industries of TV, film, music and sports, will strut their stuff in front of a live studio audience and an expert panel of judges. The contestants will then perform covers of some of the biggest rap songs of all time, create original raps and be tested in freestyle rap competitions. Following each week's performances the viewing audience will vote for their favorite contestant and the person with the least amount of votes will be eliminated until the rapper with the best skills is chosen as the winner.
Written by DJ Z on 08/30/07
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.