Rapper-Songwriter Attitude Signs With Warner Bros. Records
BURBANK, CA -- Rapper and songwriter, Attitude, has signed an exclusive recording deal with Warner Bros. Records, having spent the last few years in the studio writing songs for Nelly Furtado, Timbaland, Rich Boy, P. Diddy and Mya.
The veteran MC, who hails from Birmingham, Alabama, is known as one of the South's most distinctive artistic voices and writing talents. Attitude's debut independent album, 1997's "Serious Times," earned him respect as a pioneer of Birmingham's hip-hop scene, which helped to redefine the industry's concept of a Southern artist. Attitude, who has also made guest appearances on countless mixtapes, as well as albums by Nelly Furtado, Timbaland, Bubba Sparxxx and Rich Boy, says signing with Warner Bros. gives him the opportunity to put his home state on the map.
"This is a big deal for Alabama and it's big for the South," Attitude explains. "Alabama hasn't really stepped up and joined the South movement, as popular as it has become. Now I have a chance to do something about that."
"We decided to sign Attitude because of his unique songwriting ability, which is not something you find with a lot of rappers nowadays," says Orlando McGhee, Director of A&R at Warner. "And you'll notice that the rappers whose records have melodies are the ones who become superstars."
Attitude's sense of melody has served him well in the last several years. He has become an in-demand songwriter, having co-written Nelly Furtado's 2006 Number One single "Promiscuous," as well as songs for Timbaland, Eve and Mya. As a rapper, he has appeared on tracks by Bubba Sparxxx ("Warrant" from "Deliverance"), Nelly Furtado ("Afraid" from "Loose"), Rich Boy ("Role Models" from "Product of the Hustle") as well as upcoming tracks by Timbaland ("Kill Yourself" and "Hello" from "Shock Value").
Written by DJ Z on 03/27/07
You Might Like...
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.