Rapper Shawty Lo Joins The Fight, Participates In Diabetes Walk
Atlanta, GA -- Carlos "Shawty Lo" Walker has announced that he will participate in the American Diabetes Step Out and Walk to Fight Diabetes. The event, scheduled to occur on Saturday, September 20th in Atlanta's HIstoric Grant Park, is intended to raise funds to help find a cure for the disease.
Shawty Lo, a diabetes sufferer himself, had this to say about his participation, "Anything I can do to help raise awareness about diabetes, I will be there. Everybody knows at least one person that has it, so it's like when we participate in events, walks and things of that nature, we're really helping somebody we care about, as well as ourselves because you never know when or how it can affect you."
To hear more about Shawty Lo's experiences with diabetes, register to join his team for the event, or make a charitable donation to the American Diabetes Association, click here.
Written by richard on 09/19/08
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.