Rapper Shawty Lo Joins The Fight, Participates In Diabetes Walk
Atlanta, GA -- Carlos "Shawty Lo" Walker has announced that he will participate in the American Diabetes Step Out and Walk to Fight Diabetes. The event, scheduled to occur on Saturday, September 20th in Atlanta's HIstoric Grant Park, is intended to raise funds to help find a cure for the disease.
Shawty Lo, a diabetes sufferer himself, had this to say about his participation, "Anything I can do to help raise awareness about diabetes, I will be there. Everybody knows at least one person that has it, so it's like when we participate in events, walks and things of that nature, we're really helping somebody we care about, as well as ourselves because you never know when or how it can affect you."
To hear more about Shawty Lo's experiences with diabetes, register to join his team for the event, or make a charitable donation to the American Diabetes Association, click here.
Written by richard on 09/19/08
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.