Rapper Shawty Lo Joins The Fight, Participates In Diabetes Walk
Atlanta, GA -- Carlos "Shawty Lo" Walker has announced that he will participate in the American Diabetes Step Out and Walk to Fight Diabetes. The event, scheduled to occur on Saturday, September 20th in Atlanta's HIstoric Grant Park, is intended to raise funds to help find a cure for the disease.
Shawty Lo, a diabetes sufferer himself, had this to say about his participation, "Anything I can do to help raise awareness about diabetes, I will be there. Everybody knows at least one person that has it, so it's like when we participate in events, walks and things of that nature, we're really helping somebody we care about, as well as ourselves because you never know when or how it can affect you."
To hear more about Shawty Lo's experiences with diabetes, register to join his team for the event, or make a charitable donation to the American Diabetes Association, click here.
Written by richard on 09/19/08
You Might Like...
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.