Rapper Shawty Lo Joins The Fight, Participates In Diabetes Walk
Atlanta, GA -- Carlos "Shawty Lo" Walker has announced that he will participate in the American Diabetes Step Out and Walk to Fight Diabetes. The event, scheduled to occur on Saturday, September 20th in Atlanta's HIstoric Grant Park, is intended to raise funds to help find a cure for the disease.
Shawty Lo, a diabetes sufferer himself, had this to say about his participation, "Anything I can do to help raise awareness about diabetes, I will be there. Everybody knows at least one person that has it, so it's like when we participate in events, walks and things of that nature, we're really helping somebody we care about, as well as ourselves because you never know when or how it can affect you."
To hear more about Shawty Lo's experiences with diabetes, register to join his team for the event, or make a charitable donation to the American Diabetes Association, click here.
More From Shawty Lo
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.