Rapper Baby D Held On Gun Charges, Set To Drop Album April 29
New York, NY – KOCH Records/Big Oomp Records recording artist Baby D is being held without bond in Ohio on federal charges for allegedly trafficking cocaine. Baby D vehemently disputes these allegations. He is being held in the Butler County Jail which also houses people held on federal charges). Baby D was arrested in Dayton, Ohio on March 26, 2008 and continues to be held without bail. He also has three pending assault charges in Tennessee where he has a bond set. A warrant for his arrest in Georgia was recently dismissed.
How this will affect the release of his new album, A-Town Secret Weapon (April 29th, 2008) is still unclear. Baby D has cultivated a loyal following of fans in his native Decatur and throughout Atlanta who have been chanting and bouncing with him for years. He made his move into rap music when he met hip-hop entrepreneur and retail powerhouse Big Oomp in 1994. Oomp was preparing to launch his record label, Big Oomp Records, and quickly signed the young rapper.
Baby D released his first album, Off Da Chain, at the young age of 16. His acclaimed follow-up Lil' Chopper Toy was released two years later
Baby D’s first single “I’m Bout Money” produced by DJ Montay (Flo Rida feat. T-Pain “Get Low,” UNK “Walk It Out,” “2 Step”) can be heard on urban radio, and the video is currently airing BET and MTV Jams, and was the MTV “Jam of the Week” for the first week of April. The new album A-Town Secret Weapon will feature appearances by Shawty Lo & Gucci Mane among others.
Written by DJ Z on 04/25/08
You Might Like...
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.