Raheem DeVaughn Debuts at #5 Billboard, Set to Kick Off February Tour
New York, NY -- Jive recording artist, Raheem DeVaughn, who recently received a Grammy Award nomination for his current single “Woman,” debuts at #5 on Billboard’s Top 200 Albums Chart and #3 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart with his latest effort, Love Behind The Melody. The Baltimore based singer/songwriter will kick-off a major city tour with Jill Scott in Seattle, WA at the Paramount Theatre on February 5th.
Early reviews are in on Raheem’s latest album, Love Behind The Melody, and all the critics agree. Entertainment Weekly gives it an A- and enthuses that “…he wraps his tenor around unusually sincere ballads… [With] music that transcends today’s commercial rules.” USA Today adds “…His airy vocals recall vintage R&B stars, while contemporary hip-hop and rock flavors along with artful, insightful lyrics on love and life create an intriguing sound…” People magazine gives him 3 out of 4 stars and simply states that “…Raheem DeVaughn sounds as if he was rocking to Marvin Gaye in the cradle…”
Raheem Devaughn’s extremely soulful and captivating live performances have attracted superstar devotees such as Alicia Keys and Big Boi from OutKast. Since the early days of his career, Raheem has been cultivating a crowd of followers that has grown consistently, from the various small venues in the DC area to recently sold-out clubs in New York, Chicago, Detroit and San Francisco. Building on that momentum, Raheem has announced a 23-date major city tour with Jill Scott that kicks off on February 5th.
On-sale dates will be announced locally in each market and show dates are as follows:
Date City Venue
February 5-8 Seattle, WA Paramount Theatre
February- 12 Anaheim, CA The Grove
February- 14 Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amphitheatre
February- 16 Phoenix, AZ Dodge Theater
February- 19 Dallas, TX Nokia Theatre
February- 20 Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theatre
February- 22, 23 Atlanta, GA Fox Theatre
February- 26, 27 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
February- 29 Norfolk, VA Chrysler Hall
March- 2 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum Complex
March- 5,6 Newark, NJ NJ Pac
March- 7 Philadelphia, PA Liacouras Center Arena
March- 9 Boston, MA Orpheum
March-11, 12, 14-15 Washington DC Dar Constitution Hall
March- 16 Richmond, VA Landmark Theatre
March- 19 Pittsburgh, PA Benedum Center
March- 21 Detroit, MI Fox Theater
March- 22 Chicago, IL Chicago Theater
March- 25 Indianapolis, IN Murat Theatre
March- 26 St. Louis, MO Fox Theatre
March- 28, 29 Memphis, TN Orpheum Theatre
March- 30 Birmingham, AL Boutwell Auditorium
*All dates are subject to change.
Written by DJ Z on 01/23/08
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.