Q-Tip, Mark Ronson & DJ Spinna Pay Homage to Michael Jackson at Nokia Theater [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY-- This past Saturday evening, three talented DJs celebrated the late Michael Jackson's birthday with a party at New York’s Nokia Theater. Over the course of the event, Mark Ronson, DJ Spinna and Q-Tip danced, sang, and moved the crowd with classic material as well as uptempo and modern mixes.
The celebration came complete with glittery glove-sporting MJ devotees, several full-fledged impersonators, and even two towering images of an adolescent Michael on a throne. Q-Tip’s shirt bore a cartoon image of a young Michael, while Mark Ronson wore an "I Heart AM" tee in memoriam of DJ AM. The trio kept bodies moving with sets featuring number one hits like “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough,” “Beat It,” and a house remix of Bad, as well as spinning album favorites like “Human Nature” and “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin‘.”
“We are here to party!” Q-Tip shouted over the audience's screams. “I want to see body on body. You can see the beautiful pictures up here, and I want to see everybody dancing. I know that this was what this man was about!”
More From Michael Jackson
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.