Q-Tip, Mark Ronson & DJ Spinna Pay Homage to Michael Jackson at Nokia Theater [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY-- This past Saturday evening, three talented DJs celebrated the late Michael Jackson's birthday with a party at New York’s Nokia Theater. Over the course of the event, Mark Ronson, DJ Spinna and Q-Tip danced, sang, and moved the crowd with classic material as well as uptempo and modern mixes.
The celebration came complete with glittery glove-sporting MJ devotees, several full-fledged impersonators, and even two towering images of an adolescent Michael on a throne. Q-Tip’s shirt bore a cartoon image of a young Michael, while Mark Ronson wore an "I Heart AM" tee in memoriam of DJ AM. The trio kept bodies moving with sets featuring number one hits like “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough,” “Beat It,” and a house remix of Bad, as well as spinning album favorites like “Human Nature” and “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin‘.”
“We are here to party!” Q-Tip shouted over the audience's screams. “I want to see body on body. You can see the beautiful pictures up here, and I want to see everybody dancing. I know that this was what this man was about!”
Written by Erica L. on 08/31/09
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.