Q-Tip Joined by Special Guest Stevie Wonder at the Key Club in Los Angeles Last Night
New York, NY -- Fans in Los Angeles eagerly awaiting Q-Tip's return to the stage Sunday night at the Key Club were given an unexpected treat when legendary artist Stevie Wonder took to the stage. Together, they performed a rendition of the classic song "Superstition." Q-Tip helps kick off this year's CMJ Music Marathon in New York City on Tuesday, October 16th with a performance at The Blender Theatre at Gramercy.
On his current tour, the hip-hop trailblazer offers up a taste of his highly anticipated release The Renaissance including the upcoming single "Fever". "Breathe and Stop" and "Vivrant Thing" from his solo debut Amplified make their way into the set. Q-Tip also delves into the A Tribe Called Quest catalog with classic cuts such as "Award Tour," "Electric Relaxation" and "Bonita Applebaum."
Set for an early 2008 release via Universal Motown, The Renaissance is a definitive hip-hop album with dance-friendly beats, unforgettable hooks and thought-provoking lyrics. Featuring a unique mix of samples and a live band, the album is the latest chapter in one of the most storied careers in urban music. Preview The Renaissance with "WorkItOut" -currently available on iTunes.
Written by DJ Z on 10/16/07
You Might Like...
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.