Purpose’s New Mixtape is “Better Than Your Album”
Hailing from the crime infested streets of Lynn, Massachusetts, a.k.a., the "City of Sin", Purpose would take the same dark environment that consumed those around him and use it as fuel to feed his real passion: hip-hop culture. Having already established his Tragic Allies crew and earned widespread respect for his gritty production work, Purpose is now ready to prove that his mic skills are just as sharp as his beatmaking on his new mixtape, "Better Than Your Album", a relentlessly quality project made from pure hip-hop concentrate.
Along with DJBooth's partner site "Better Than Your Album" is presented in conjunction with One3 Music and Diamond Music Group. East coast underground giant Statik Selektah handles hosting duties with DJ Slipwax of the Deck Demon providing cuts. Guest verses come from Estee Nack and Code Nine (of Tragic Allies), Singapore Kane and Ghetto Lion, and production comes from Purpose himself in addition to Archimedes, Crucial the Giollotine, KOS, White Lotus and many more.
What's that? You spent thousands and thousands of dollars on your album? That sucks for you, Purpose's mixtape is better.
Download link is below the tracklist.
1) Better Than Your Album (Intro)
2) City of Sin
3) Bad Dem Up ft. Singapore Kane & Ghetto Lion
4) I Gave You Power (Freestyle)
5) All Is Good
6) Rising Sun
7) Murda Paragraph ft. Estee Nack of Tragic Allies
8) Illuminati (Freestyle)
9) Where the Body Was Buried
10) No Explanations (ft. Code Nine of Tragic Allies)
11) Fuck You Pay Me
12) Watchin' For The Jake ft. Estee Nack of Tragic Allies
13) Hypnotize (snippet)
14) Be Safe
15) Howl At The Moon
16) JFK to LAX (Freestyle)
17) Where's the Love At
18) God Bless ft. Code Nine of Tragic Allies
19) Return of the Dopest
Written by Nathan S. on 08/13/10
You Might Like...
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.