Producer Chops To Drop National Champs Mixtape
Producer Chops Teams With Paul Wall and DJ Clue To Drop National Champs mixtape.
Philly producer CHOPS has once again teamed up with Houstonite Paul Wall, as well as Roc-A-Fella own DJ Clue, to bring you the National Champs mixtape. The tape features original tracks, all CHOPS produced and remixes of hits either from Paul Wall's own album, or songs that he has featured on, such as "Still Tippin" and "Grillz".
"Being a part of this mixtape was a great experience for me," says Paul Wall. "CHOPS manager Mike Baxter reached out to me about getting down on the project and of course, I was 100% down."
"Whenever I do a project with somebody I really want my fans to become aware of them and their music. In turn their fans become aware of my music. Everybody these days is saying the music does not matter anymore, that it is all about how real you are," CHOPS adds. "That's important yes, but if the music is not good, who cares? Before it was cool on the East Coast I was working with the best of the best in Texas and Paul is definitely one of the best. In addition to Paul making good music he IS a real person."
CHOPS and Paul hope to launch a new movement of music with this National Champs tape. "I feel like music is so segmented right now and we are going to bring it all together with the National Champs." says CHOPS. "Artists from all walks should be coming together in AND out of the studio".
CHOPS is currently working on some new music with DJ Clue, as well as a new project with Killa Kyleon of the Boss Hogg Outlawz. He also recently finished a song with Posta Boy (7 time 106 and Park freestyle Champ) and Killa Kyleon that will come out shortly.
Check out CHOPS online: http://www.nationalchamps2006.com
Written by DJ Z on 02/24/06
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.