Pretty Ricky Reaches Out to Fans for Next Album Title
NEW YORK, NY -- Blue Star Entertainment International/Atlantic recording group Pretty Ricky have announced plans to hold an exclusive contest for fans to help choose the group's album title for the highly anticipated follow-up to their 2005 release, "BLUESTARS."
The Miami-bred superstars held a live online chat last night for 500 fans, where they surprised fans and announced details of the contest. Fans will have one week to submit ideas to the group via their website, www.prettyricky.com. Once a title is chosen, Pretty Ricky will call the lucky fan to thank him or her. The fan will also receive a liner note credit for their contribution.
Pretty Ricky will release their sophomore album this fall. A large portion of the album was produced by the group's own production team, Bluestar Productions, with a few tracks being produced by Jim Jonsin, Xcel, and Stacic Major.
Pretty Ricky -- rappers Slick 'Em, Baby Blue, and Spectacular, and singer Pleasure -- exploded onto the Florida music scene in late 2004, when "Grind With Me" became the most requested song in the history of Miami radio station Power 96. Subsequently signed to Atlantic by Chairman and CEO Craig Kallman, the group quickly turned into a national sensation.
Under the tutelage of their father, Blue Smith, Pretty Ricky has been performing throughout Florida and the southeast since 1997, earning acclaim for their charismatic style and spectacular stage presence.
By 2002, Pretty Ricky began tasting greater success with their song "Flossin'," which began buzzing on Power 96. The brothers continued grinding and hustling -- writing songs, building relationships with their fans, and doing lots of shows. They have opened for some of hip-hop's heavyweights, including Run-DMC, Lil Jon, Trick Daddy, Trina, and newcomer, fellow Miami comrade Pitbull.
Keeping their entrepreneurial spirit alive, Pretty Ricky's "BLUESTARS" was released by Atlantic in association with the group's own Blue Star Entertainment International imprint.
Written by DJ Z on 07/3/06
You Might Like...
- Indie Artist Mistakes: Don’t Hire a Bad Manager (#FVHHC Ticket Giveaway!)
- Win Tickets to The Smokers Club’s World Wide Rollers Tour [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win a Limited Edition Vinyl Copy of Gang Starr’s “Daily Operation” [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- MajorStage Presents: Denzil Porter Live in NYC (Powered by The DJBooth)
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.