Pitbull & Chingo Bling Headline Much-Anticipated Cuervotón Competition
New York, NY -- Jose Cuervo, the world’s largest Tequila company, has partnered with urban superstar Pitbull, Hip Hop mogul Chingo Bling and rising talent Malverde to announce the 2nd annual talent search for “La Nueva Generación”, the next generation of Latino artists in urban music. Known as Cuervotón, the contest will serve as a platform for exposure to unsigned artists, ensuring the longevity of Latinos in the music industry in partnership with, BMI, Gibson, Def Jam’s Roc La Familia and Atlantic Records. Jose Cuervo is also partnering with LIFEbeat, The Music Industry Fights AIDS charity organization, which is dedicated to reaching America’s next generation with the message of HIV/AIDS prevention.
Beginning in January, Cuervotón will tour the country searching for the hottest up-and-coming talent. Contestants from across the nation will have the opportunity to submit their demos for review, compete for a major record deal with Def Jam’s Roc La Familia and be featured on Estudio 201’s Volume 3 CD. In addition, finalists will share the stage with some of the hottest stars in urban music and tour with Cuervotón in 2008. Semi- Finals will be held in New York, Chicago, Miami, Phoenix and Houston. The final concert event will take place in Chicago in May, 2007.
“As someone who grew up with obstacles to overcome, I know what it’s like to get a break and work tirelessly to achieve your dreams,” said Pitbull. “This competition provides an opportunity for success to some very talented people who otherwise may never have had the chance. Cuervotón is all about shining a light on Latino musicians and giving them a shot.”
Last year, Cuervotón was led by Chingo Bling, DJ Tony Touch with support of record labels Machete Music and Wu-Tang Latino. The campaign reached over 30,000 consumers across five cities in 12 weeks, while promoting the message of “Drink Responsibly, Play Safe” by partnering with LIFEbeat.
The final concert took place in Times Square’s Nokia Theater in New York City with performances by Pitbull, N.O.R.E., Chingo Bling and many more.
“As a Latin American company, Jose Cuervo recognizes the potential of Latino artists and the influences they have on today’s urban music,” said Bertha González, Commercial Director Jose Cuervo Portfolio in NA. “The Cuervotón movement will help solidify the future of Latino artists in the U.S. for generations to come.”
Fans can log on to www.cuervoton.com to find more details and to register for the contest.
Written by DJ Z on 01/24/07
You Might Like...
- Contest Closed: Win a Copy of Crooked I’s “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop” (Plus Shirts!)
- Spit a Verse Over Tinashe’s “Pretend” for Your Chance to Win $1,000 & More [Booth-Exclusive Contest]
- Green Label Sound Issues Open Call to Awesome Artists (Enter & Win)
- Indie Artist Mistakes: Don’t Hire a Bad Manager (#FVHHC Ticket Giveaway!)
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.