Phat Kat Brings Detroit’s Finest Hip-Hop Across The US On “Carte Blanche” Tour
Brooklyn, NY -- Detroit-based hip-hop artist Phat Kat has just released the dates for his Carte Blanche Tour, to take place this May in all major US markets. The tour will support his upcoming Look Records album Carte Blanche, which will be released on May 8, 2007. Joining him are Slum Village, Illa J, (younger brother to the late great J Dilla), and DJ's Dez and Design.
Phat Kat, also known as Ronnie Cash, has been a longtime veteran of the Detroit scene. As far back as his days with Dilla in First Down, Kat has been a fixture in one of the nation's most vibrant and unique cities for hip-hop. Though the success of the group would be stalled due to the collapse of their label Payday Records, their influence on hip-hop music brought Detroit into the spotlight. This association with his hometown comes through in his music all of the guest artists on his album as well as the tour call the Motor City home. Now, three years after the release of his solo debut Undeniable, Phat Kat is ready to take his music to the streets of America. His new tour is lined up and his new album is primed for a breakout - watch for the sound of Detroit coming to your city this summer.
Fri., May 11 Poleng Lounge, San Francisco - CA
Sun, May 13 Key Club, Los Angeles CA
Mon. May 14 The Glass House, Pomona CA
Tue. May 15 Launchpad, Albuquerque NM
Wed. May 16 Cervantes, Denver - CO
Thu. May 17 Suede, Park City - UT
Fri. May 18th Berbati's Pan, Portland - OR
Sat. May 19th (Venue TBA) Vancouver - BC
Sun. May 20th Chop Suey, Seattle - WA
Wed. May 23 Alvins, Detroit - MI
Sat. May 26 Little Brothers, Columbus - OH
Mon. May 28 Sonar, Baltimore MA
Tue. May 29 Southpaw, Brooklyn - NY
Thu. May 31 The Middle East, Cambridge - MA
Sat. June 2 The Saints Show Bar, Montreal - Quebec
Sun. June 3 Grog Shop, Cleveland OH
Written by DJ Z on 05/5/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.