Pezo In Da Cribb & Yung Joc Launch “Make It Rain In Da Hood” Campaign
Atlanta, GA -- In the urban community, making it rain in the club by tossing hundreds to thousands of dollars into the air has become somewhat of a pastime hobby or a street sport so to speak. Living in a hip-hop culture that glorifies popping champagne bottles in VIP and lacing a club with more money than most people make in a month or perhaps even a year, it has become apparent that our priorities are severely distorted.
Enter Pezo In Da Cribb from Atlanta's Hot 107.9, with his Make It Rain In Da Hood campaign. The Virginia native challenges a different celebrity each week to share their time and financial blessings with the disadvantaged in neighborhoods where every little bit counts; and being that it's a new year, he felt there was no better time to focus his attention on uplifting those in and around his community who are underprivileged.
The idea for Make It Rain in Da Hood spawned after Pezo In Da Cribb heard the lyrics of Andre 3000 from the song "Art of Storytelling Pt. 4" from DJ Drama's debut, Gangsta Grillz: The Album. Pezo In Da Cribb then decided to enlist some of the biggest names in hip-hop to help him turn his charitable dream into a reality.
Platinum recording artist Yung Joc joined Pezo In Da Cribb in a highly populated homeless area in downtown Atlanta during the holiday season where the duo freely handed out money to needy and unsuspecting citizens. Their generosity proved to be overwhelming, as the crowd roared with praise and cheers as they left.
Since its November inception, Make It Rain In Da Hood has made a tremendous buzz on the Internet. With over a thousand hits on the #1 video sharing website, You Tube and thousands of views per day from the Hot 107.9 website, Make It Rain In Da Hood is clearly an outreach program that people want to see become a national movement.
Make It Rain In Da Hood is not only about passing out dollar bills to those in need, but it's also about your money making a difference in a person's life, which in turn brings personal satisfaction. Pezo In Da Cribb will continue his campaign each week with future plans to give away various items such as food, shoes, toiletries and clothing.
Written by DJ Z on 01/15/08
You Might Like...
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.