Pepsi Pulse Mixtapes of the Month: October 2013
There was a time when mixtapes were loose collections of songs not good enough to make an album. Those days are over. In 2013, an age where artists recognize that the road to stardom is paved with free music, mixtapes have become full, original bodies of music in their own right.
But all that free music also means discovering something truly worth your time can be harder than finding a needle in a digital haystack. That’s why we've joined forces with PepsiPulse. Our new “Mixtapes of the Month” series will narrow down the previous 30 days (give or take) to three projects guaranteed to ensure some of the game's best work doesn’t pass you by.
The latest selection features projects from Rapsody, Hoodie Allen and CharlieRed. Click here to visit PepsiPulse and check out more about our selections.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/18/13
Featured In This Article
Comparisons can kill an artist. He or she sounds like him or her. He or she does this or that like him or her. Sure, those who came before influence each and every musician since the beginning of recorded music. Comparisons... Read Full Review
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.