OneRepublic’s Timbaland-Produced “Apologize” Hits 3 Million Digital Downloads
Santa Monica, CA -- The 3rd hit single from Timbaland’s platinum album, Shock Value, as well as the first single from their own album, Dreaming Out Loud, OneRepublic’s “Apologize” has become only the second song in history to score 3,000,000 digital song downloads, following “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” from Soulja Boy Tell’em earlier this year. The Timbaland mix of the first single from OneRepublic’s debut album, Dreaming Out Loud (Mosley Music Group/Interscope Records), officially surpassed the milestone the week ending February 17 (Billboard issue date of March 1), according to SoundScan.
“This is yet another testament to a great song finding its audience through all kinds of outlets,” commented Steve Berman, president of Interscope Geffen A&M. “ After the record breaking success we had with ‘Crank That’, repeating it with ‘Apologize’ is a really fantastic start to 2008 for us.”
After 27 weeks on the Billboard Hot Digital Tracks chart, “Apologize” is still in the Top 15, receiving nearly 62,000 downloads this past week. The track has also zoomed past the 1,000,000 mark in ringtone downloads.
Also this week, OneRepublic’s newest single, “Stop And Stare,” has cracked the Hot Digital Tracks Top 10. With the most recent week’s sales of 67,000 downloads, “Stop And Stare” has quickly reached 416,000 total downloads.
Written by DJ Z on 02/27/08
You Might Like...
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)