OneRepublic’s Timbaland-Produced “Apologize” Hits 3 Million Digital Downloads
Santa Monica, CA -- The 3rd hit single from Timbaland’s platinum album, Shock Value, as well as the first single from their own album, Dreaming Out Loud, OneRepublic’s “Apologize” has become only the second song in history to score 3,000,000 digital song downloads, following “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” from Soulja Boy Tell’em earlier this year. The Timbaland mix of the first single from OneRepublic’s debut album, Dreaming Out Loud (Mosley Music Group/Interscope Records), officially surpassed the milestone the week ending February 17 (Billboard issue date of March 1), according to SoundScan.
“This is yet another testament to a great song finding its audience through all kinds of outlets,” commented Steve Berman, president of Interscope Geffen A&M. “ After the record breaking success we had with ‘Crank That’, repeating it with ‘Apologize’ is a really fantastic start to 2008 for us.”
After 27 weeks on the Billboard Hot Digital Tracks chart, “Apologize” is still in the Top 15, receiving nearly 62,000 downloads this past week. The track has also zoomed past the 1,000,000 mark in ringtone downloads.
Also this week, OneRepublic’s newest single, “Stop And Stare,” has cracked the Hot Digital Tracks Top 10. With the most recent week’s sales of 67,000 downloads, “Stop And Stare” has quickly reached 416,000 total downloads.
Written by DJ Z on 02/27/08
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.