Omarion Gives DJBooth.net Exclusive Preview of “Ollusion”
Friday night, as the sun set over Hollywood's world famous Capitol Records tower, former teen heartthrob turned platinum selling solo artist Omarion gave DJBooth.net and other assembled press an exclusive sneak peek of his upcoming third album Ollusion, taking the assembled press through each and every track of the scorching album he recorded in only one intensely productive week.
Calling Ollusion the most personal and creatively complex album of his career, an album he was intricately involved in, from conception to songwriting, Omarion explained that his ever-expanding repertoire was a natural result of the current state of the music industry.
"There are no boundaries in the music industry anymore," he said. "Rappers are singing, singers are rapping, some artists are even DJing parties now, so I really wanted to do new things on this album, to continue to break boundaries.
Saying the track was perhaps the best song he's ever done, Omarion seemed particularly proud of Speedin', the smoothly banging cut that's slated to become the album's second single.
(Video by Jose Ho-Guanipa)
Ollusion is set to hit stores and online tomorrow, Tuesday, January 12. Be sure to keep it locked to DJBooth.net for a review of the album, coming later this week.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/11/10
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.