Obie Finishes Second Round, Ready to Serve
SANTA MONICA, Calif., -- Shady Records artist Obie Trice will release his new album, Second Round's On Me, on August 15, 2006. Trice's major-label debut, Cheers, which included the hit single "Got Some Teeth," sold over one million copies.
The first taste of Second Round's On Me, the controversial "Snitch," featuring and produced by Akon, and its next offering, the gritty hit "Cry Now," have been searing airwaves around the world since their release earlier this year. Videos for both songs have generated significant buzz on televisions nationwide, with "Snitch" receiving heavy airplay on MTV, BET, and Fuse. "Wanna Know," which has been featured prominently on HBO's Entourage and EA Sports' video game Fight Night Round 3, will also be included on the album.
Trice recently completed a video for his new single "Jamaican Girl," a reggae-infused collaboration with up-and-coming R&B duo Brick and Lace, who also appear on Jurassic 5's Feedback.
"I took a long look at my life, at the city of Detroit, at rap music, at everything. A lot of sh*t has happened since Cheers and I've got some things to tell the world. I held no punches on Second Round," said Obie Trice of his new album.
In addition to Akon, Second Round's On Me features 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, Trey Songz, Big Herk, and Eminem, who also handles production duties on a number of songs. Among the album's other producers are Emile, Trell, Swinga, and Jonathan "J.R." Rotem.
Written by DJ Z on 08/7/06
You Might Like...
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.