Noreaga’s “Noreality” Dropping in September On Babygrande
New York, NY -- Renowned indie hip-hop label Babygrande Records, home to such acclaimed acts as Hi-Tek, GZA, Jedi Mind Tricks & more, is pleased to announce one of the hottest releases of the summer: Noreaga's Noreality.
Streeting in September, Noreality heralds Noreaga's highly anticipated return to hip-hop, after broadening his base (and showcasing his versatility) with 2004's reggaeton project Y La Familia... Ya Tu Sabe.
Now, with the release of Noreality, Noreaga takes it back to hip-hop and back to the streets where his last album scanned over 400,000 copies. Noreaga's resume reads like a veritable who's who of hip-hop elite, having both appeared and collaborated with the likes of Jay Z, the iconic Big Pun, R. Kelly, Swizz Beats, Pharrell, Cam'ron, DJ Clue and many more. One of hip-hop's most respected stalwarts, Noreaga's viability has consistently withstood both fluctuating creative and commercial climates, having sold millions of units throughout the past 8 years.
Noreaga is not only focused lyrically but he’s also focused on his own business and new label: Thugged Out Militainment. Produced under Thugged Out Militainment and released in partnership with Babygrande, Noreaga has officially gone independent for his forthcoming Album/DVD Noreality. Noreaga wants his fans to be clear that Noreality is not a mixtape; rather, it is an album he created while shooting his DVD reality show and that’s what it inspired it—his everyday life. Norega adds, “I just want to give the fans that something extra this time.”
Noreaga delivers on that promise, back at it again with 2007’s Noreality, featuring high profile, A-list guest appearances from Jadakiss, Three Six Mafia, Kanye West, Pharrell Williams, Prodigy (of Mobb Deep), Bun B, Tru Life, David Banner, Capone, Kurupt & more. With production by Swizz Beatz, among others, the album is the next chapter in a storied 10+ year career from one of hip-hop's most accomplished and respected emcees. The DVD version, which will be in limited quantity, features Norega’s reality show about his everyday life.
Chuck Wilson, Babygrande’s CEO added, “Noreaga is a legend and a pioneer. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with him and even more thrilled that N.O.R.E. is back on that street sh*t we all love.”
Written by DJ Z on 06/27/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.