The #NoRapHour Happened, It Was Ill
For those of you who already know the history of #NoRapHour, welcome back. For everyone else who may be new, for an hour today we're going to have a Twitter listening session. It's the closest thing I've ever felt on the interwebs to hanging out with a homie and just sharing music for music's sake, it's fucking good times, and you should join in.
Here's the deal:
1) Starting at 3PM EST/2 Central/Noon Pacific today, jump on Twitter and send @DJBooth and/or @RefinedHype a YouTube link to a dope song. Be sure to include #NoRapHour.
2) If you couldn't tell by the hashtag, don't send us rap. Old, new, rock, pop, gospel, Mongolian folk music, whatever, just not hip-hop. When I ask for rap recommendations I get drowned in rappers promoting their own shit. This isn't about promotion, buzz or hype, this is about music, and the best way to keep it just about music is to leave the rap bubble for one hour.
3) When the hour's up, I'll update this page with some of the best music recommendations.
UPDATE: This was one of the illest #NoRapHours ever, we got hundreds of submissions. Thanks to everyone who participated, this shit makes me love music so much.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/6/14
Featured In This Article
You Might Like...
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.