The #NoRapHour Happened, It Was Ill
For those of you who already know the history of #NoRapHour, welcome back. For everyone else who may be new, for an hour today we're going to have a Twitter listening session. It's the closest thing I've ever felt on the interwebs to hanging out with a homie and just sharing music for music's sake, it's fucking good times, and you should join in.
Here's the deal:
1) Starting at 3PM EST/2 Central/Noon Pacific today, jump on Twitter and send @DJBooth and/or @RefinedHype a YouTube link to a dope song. Be sure to include #NoRapHour.
2) If you couldn't tell by the hashtag, don't send us rap. Old, new, rock, pop, gospel, Mongolian folk music, whatever, just not hip-hop. When I ask for rap recommendations I get drowned in rappers promoting their own shit. This isn't about promotion, buzz or hype, this is about music, and the best way to keep it just about music is to leave the rap bubble for one hour.
3) When the hour's up, I'll update this page with some of the best music recommendations.
UPDATE: This was one of the illest #NoRapHours ever, we got hundreds of submissions. Thanks to everyone who participated, this shit makes me love music so much.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/6/14
Featured In This Article
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.