UPDATE: The #NoRapHour Happened, It Was Fu**ing Great
For those of you who already know the history of #NoRapHour (via RefinedHype) welcome back. For everyone else who may be new, for an hour today we're going to have a Twitter listening session. It's the closest thing I've ever felt on the interwebs to hanging out with a homie and just sharing music for music's sake, it's fucking good times, and you should join in.
Here's the deal:
1) Starting at 4PM EST/1PM Pacific today, jump on Twitter and send @DJBooth and/or @RefinedHype a YouTube link to a dope song. Be sure to include #NoRapHour.
2) If you couldn't tell by the hashtag, don't send us rap. Old, new, rock, pop, gospel, Mongolian folk music, whatever, just not hip-hop. When I ask for rap recommendations I get drowned in rappers promoting their own shit. This isn't about promotion, buzz or hype, this is about music, and the best way to keep it just about music is to leave the rap bubble for one hour.
3) When the hour's up, I'll update this page with some of the best music recommendations.
UPDATE: So yeah, that was fucking amazing, thank you. We'll do it agan soon, and you can check out all the music that got submitted below or right here. Who knows, you might just stumble onto a new favorite. Enjoy...
Written by Nathan S. on 06/10/14
You Might Like...
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.