Nitti Signs Label Deal With Warner Bros. Records
BURBANK, CA -- Warner Bros. Records is pleased to announce it has signed a label deal with Grammy-nominated producer Nitti for his label Playmaker Music. Under the deal, Warner Bros. Records will market, promote, and distribute new artists that Nitti, who was previously a staff producer for Jermaine Dupri's So So Def Recordings, signs to Playmaker Music.
An in-demand hip-hop producer who is known for a distinctive production style that features a high-tempo, snap-like beat, Nitti has produced a string of chart-topping singles, including Yung Joc's blockbuster "It's Goin' Down," Boyz In the Hood's "Dem Boyz," Eightball's "Stop Playin' Games," Gucci Mane's "Go Head," Ali and Gipp's "Hard in the Paint," Sunny V's "F You Pay Me," and T.I.'s most recent single "Where They At." The Decatur, Georgia-born producer also has album cuts on Young Jeezy's "Thug Motivation 101," Young Dro's "Best Thang Smokin'," and "Lights, Camera, Action," from Atlanta's Young Capone's forthcoming album.
"I've been producing beats and making music my whole life," says Nitti, "and I feel that Warner Bros. understands and appreciates what I have to offer as a producer and musician. I look forward to a truly successful venture for everyone."
Nitti has also crafted beats for a variety of best-selling rappers, including Nelly, Bow Wow, and Ludacris. A multi-instrumentalist who plays guitar, keyboard, and drums, Nitti, whose mother was a program director for a local gospel radio station, credits a church background in Decatur for his unique take on hip-hop rhythms. "Gospel taught me how to listen to melodies and arrange songs," he says. "My music is real street and clubby. It's hard, but at the same time, it makes you want to move."
Nitti has been nominated for several awards including a 2007 Grammy for "Best Rap Song" for "It's Goin' Down," two BET Hip-Hop Award noms for "Producer of the Year" and "Track of the Year" (which he won), and a Southern Entertainment Award for "Producer of the Year."
For more information about Nitti, please visit www.myspace.com/rickflaire.
Written by DJ Z on 04/5/07
You Might Like...
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.