Nina Sky Ink Deal With Polo Grounds Music & J Records
New York, NY - Polo Grounds Music announces the addition of R&B recording duo Nina Sky to their 2008 artist roster. Nina Sky’s sophomore record, The Musical - originally slated for release earlier this year on former music label Universal Republic – is now scheduled to hit stores early next year. Although some of the original music recorded will remain, a few new tracks will be included on what is sure to be one of the most highly anticipated projects for ‘08.
"We are excited to be apart of the Polo Grounds Music/J Records family," say Nicole & Natalie. “We can’t wait to begin working with Bryan [Leach] on our new album because he understands the Nina Sky movement. We are confident that, together, we can take our project to the next level.”
Bryan Leach, President of PGM adds, “We are on a roll right now, but it gets no better than signing an act of this caliber! Nicole & Natalie are just getting started with their careers so we’re lucky and excited to have them as part of our PGM family.”
At first sight, the fact that these two Queens, New York native songbirds are identical twins weighs heavily on the eyes. However, details aside, Natalie and Nicole Albino are not only two breathtakingly attractive young Latina women, but they are musicians; true singers with cohesive melodies that are as strong as their sisterly bond. Nina Sky - Nina equaling a portion of each of their first names and Sky representing their shared aspirations-are also instrumentalists and songwriters. Their 2004 debut single “Move Your Body” was immediately labeled the dance hit of the summer, and positioned their self-titled debut record “Nina Sky” in the top 25 on the Billboard charts.
The Musical features production by Cipha Sounds, Cool & Dre, Salaam Remi, Ryan Leslie, and Scott Storch accompanied by lyrical features from Trey Songz and Rick Ross. The album is executive produced by Nina Sky, Jack Moves Inc., & Bryan Leach.
Written by DJ Z on 09/25/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.