Three Artists We’d Like to See At Next Year’s Coachella
This weekend marks the second week of the fun in the sun that is Coachella, but while the now legendary music festival's not even officially over, we can't help but look ahead to next year. Inspired by PepsiRefresh's "Coachella Roundup," here are three artists we'd like to see on next year's festival.
Whether it was last year's reunion of Dr. Dre and Tupac, or more accurately Tupac's hologram, every year Coachella seems to reunite one legendary group. Hopefully up next, the Pharcyde. While the group hasn't been on the best of terms, maybe the prospect of sharing a Coachella stage in their native California will heal all wounds; and provide hip-hop fans with the reunion they've been hoping for.
Multiple mixtapes that are better than most rappers album, including the new King Remembered In Time. A growing reputation as one of hip-hop's best live performers. A distinct Southern flavor heavily in demand in the desert. What else could Big K.R.I.T. possibly do to earn a spot on that stage? Let's make this happen, people.
Coachella's always been about music, not just one genre of music, so who better to perform than the genre-crossing Wax? Every year a new artist hits the stage that makes everyone say, "I didn't know him before, but now I'm a fan." Wax could be that guy.
Hopefully all of our line-up dreams will come true in 2014 (call us Coachella!), we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, whether you're headed to Coachella now or already planning on next year, check out the "Coachella Roundup" for a guide to the festivities.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/19/13
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.