New Janet Album Cover Art To Be Designed By Fan in Online Contest
New York, NY -- In an exciting promotion for her upcoming album 20 Years Old, R&B-pop superstar Janet Jackson is asking her fans to submit designs for the album’s cover through a contest held in conjunction with Yahoo! Music. Four winners will see their designs grace the cover of Janet’s new album when the CD hits stores on September 26th.
Beginning July 18th at 12noon PST, for one week, 33 images of Janet will be posted at http://music.yahoo.com/janetjackson. Fans can download and “remix” the photographs to come up with their own version of the new album’s cover. Designs will each be assigned a link that users can send to friends and family.
The top four scoring finalists, as determined by Janet, will be declared the contest’s grand prize winners, and will see their design appear on selected publicly distributed copies of 20 Years Old. The remaining 16 finalists will be deemed runners-up, and will receive Janet’s entire album catalog on CD.
The design competition promises to stir up anticipation for the release of 20 Years Old, an album that executive producer Jermaine Dupri promises will “blow a new generation of minds” as it marks the anniversary of Janet’s career-making 1986 album, Control. Janet has re-teamed with her original collaborators, legendary hitmakers Jimmy “Jam” Harris and Terry Lewis, for 20 Years Old, which she has described as a celebration of what was going on musically back in the day when Control was released.
The album’s first single is the breezy, laid-back “Call On Me,” featuring St. Louis hip-hop star Nelly, which hit radio on June 19th and has already cracked the Top 40 pop chart and is a Top 15 track at urban radio.
Written by DJ Z on 07/20/06
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.