New Janet Album Cover Art To Be Designed By Fan in Online Contest
New York, NY -- In an exciting promotion for her upcoming album 20 Years Old, R&B-pop superstar Janet Jackson is asking her fans to submit designs for the album’s cover through a contest held in conjunction with Yahoo! Music. Four winners will see their designs grace the cover of Janet’s new album when the CD hits stores on September 26th.
Beginning July 18th at 12noon PST, for one week, 33 images of Janet will be posted at http://music.yahoo.com/janetjackson. Fans can download and “remix” the photographs to come up with their own version of the new album’s cover. Designs will each be assigned a link that users can send to friends and family.
The top four scoring finalists, as determined by Janet, will be declared the contest’s grand prize winners, and will see their design appear on selected publicly distributed copies of 20 Years Old. The remaining 16 finalists will be deemed runners-up, and will receive Janet’s entire album catalog on CD.
The design competition promises to stir up anticipation for the release of 20 Years Old, an album that executive producer Jermaine Dupri promises will “blow a new generation of minds” as it marks the anniversary of Janet’s career-making 1986 album, Control. Janet has re-teamed with her original collaborators, legendary hitmakers Jimmy “Jam” Harris and Terry Lewis, for 20 Years Old, which she has described as a celebration of what was going on musically back in the day when Control was released.
The album’s first single is the breezy, laid-back “Call On Me,” featuring St. Louis hip-hop star Nelly, which hit radio on June 19th and has already cracked the Top 40 pop chart and is a Top 15 track at urban radio.
Written by DJ Z on 07/20/06
You Might Like...
- Contest Closed: Win a Copy of Crooked I’s “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop” (Plus Shirts!)
- Spit a Verse Over Tinashe’s “Pretend” for Your Chance to Win $1,000 & More [Booth-Exclusive Contest]
- Green Label Sound Issues Open Call to Awesome Artists (Enter & Win)
- Indie Artist Mistakes: Don’t Hire a Bad Manager (#FVHHC Ticket Giveaway!)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.