New Album by Rapper Proof to Be Released
AP -- Proof's record label will release a new album next year by the rapper and Eminem confidante who was shot and killed during a dispute at an after-hours club.
'Time a Tell' will feature 18 songs written and recorded by Proof during a 24-hour period in January.
The D12 rapper was challenged by his friend Julius Myers, known as DJ Jewels Baby, to write and record an entire album in a day. The disc will document the session at Myers' home studio in Detroit.
'It shows how serious Proof was about recording,' Myers told The Detroit News for a story published Thursday.
'Time a Tell' will be released by Iron Fist Records, founded by Proof. His debut solo album, 'Searching for Jerry Garcia,' was released in August 2005.
Proof, whose real name was Deshaun Holton, died April 11. He was 32.
Eminem, a Grammy and Oscar-winning rapper, spoke at his funeral.
Written by DJ Z on 12/20/06
You Might Like...
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.