New Album by Rapper Proof to Be Released
AP -- Proof's record label will release a new album next year by the rapper and Eminem confidante who was shot and killed during a dispute at an after-hours club.
'Time a Tell' will feature 18 songs written and recorded by Proof during a 24-hour period in January.
The D12 rapper was challenged by his friend Julius Myers, known as DJ Jewels Baby, to write and record an entire album in a day. The disc will document the session at Myers' home studio in Detroit.
'It shows how serious Proof was about recording,' Myers told The Detroit News for a story published Thursday.
'Time a Tell' will be released by Iron Fist Records, founded by Proof. His debut solo album, 'Searching for Jerry Garcia,' was released in August 2005.
Proof, whose real name was Deshaun Holton, died April 11. He was 32.
Eminem, a Grammy and Oscar-winning rapper, spoke at his funeral.
Written by DJ Z on 12/20/06
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.