Nas Vows ‘Death’ To Hip-Hop
Nas will return in September with his first album release on Def Jam Records, "Hip-Hop Is Dead", it has been reported.
According to Billboard, the Queens rapper initially confirmed the news on Thursday night to a packed house at New York's Radio City Music Hall, where he was performing alongside The Roots.
"I'm working hard for y'all. I got an album coming out in September," he told the sell-out crowd following a short live set.
As previously reported, Nas buried the hatchet with Jay-Z last year and took the decision to move from SonyBMG to Universal's Def Jam Records imprint, which is now helmed by Shawn Carter, in January of this year -- although Columbia are still involved in the business elements of Nas' music and will jointly market the new record.
A publicist for Def Jam also confirmed the news to Billboard.
"Hip-Hop Is Dead" follows 2004's "Streets Disciple" and is rumoured to be featuring Jay-Z and will.i.am, among other big names.
Written by DJ Z on 05/21/06
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.