Nas Previews Upcoming Greatest Hits Album, Contributes to Rush Hour 3 Soundtrack
New York, NY -- Hip-Hop icon Nas contributes brand new material to the highly anticipated third installment of New Line Cinema's Rush Hour franchise. "Less Than An Hour," featuring Cee-Lo, recently recorded specifically for Rush Hour 3, is the first of brand new material from Nas since his last studio album, the critically-acclaimed release, Hip Hop Is Dead. The song will premiere exclusively on AOLmusic.com on Friday, August 10th.
With the contribution of new material to Rush Hour 3, Nas gives fans a sneak peek into his upcoming Greatest Hits album due out this November on Columbia Records. It will feature 12 songs from eight of his classic albums and two new songs including "Less Than An Hour."
Nas explains, "Nobody brings it like Brett Ratner. He's the street smart director and he knows his audience. I'm just happy Chris Tucker is back. It's not every year that we get to see him on the screen. Chris and Jackie Chan together again is what we've all needed! It's an honor for me to play my part musically in the film."
Earlier this year, Nas released his eighth studio album, Hip Hop Is Dead. Since his debut album Illmatic in 1994, Nas has become one of the most celebrated emcees of all time. Nas' lyrical prowess has been commonly referred to as brilliant, and he is considered one of the top 5 emcees in all of Hip Hop history.
Chris Tucker returns to the big screen after a six-year absence as he reunites with the all-star team of Jackie Chan, director Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, Red Dragon) and screenwriter, Jeff Nathanson (Rush Hour 2, Catch Me If You Can) to deliver the third installment of the blockbuster Rush Hour franchise. Arriving in theatres on August 10, 2007, Rush Hour 3 sees the beloved action comedy duo of Tucker and Chan reprising their roles as LAPD Detective James Carter and Chinese Chief Inspector Lee respectively. This time around, the two must travel to Paris to battle a wing of the Chinese organized crime family, the Triads. Based on characters created by Ross La Manna, Rush Hour 3 is being produced by Arthur Sarkissian, Roger Birnbaum (Memoirs of a Geisha), Jay Stern, Jonathan Glickman (The Pacifier) and Andrew Z. Davis.
Written by DJ Z on 08/12/07
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.