MURS & LACMA Concert Series Continues With Freestyle Fellowship & Breakestra
"With this new series, we're giving our city's hip hop artists an amazing platform to show not only our community, but the world, that we have so much more to offer." – Murs
Legendary emcee Murs has joined forces with L.A. museum LACMA and Cashmere Agency for their new Through the Mic concert series, which will explores contemporary Los Angeles hip hop, with an emphasis on the diversity of L.A.-based artists. Fresh off the success of Medusa and Dumbfounded's show, Through the Mic is now proud to present music from hip-hop group Freestyle Fellowship and gritty soul/funk band Breakestra.
Co-curated by LACMA and Murs, concerts will take place on the third Thursday of every month, May through October 2012. For more information and tickets, click here.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/14/12
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.