Raz Simone, ShaqIsDope & More Make “Mixtapes of the Month” List
There was a time when mixtapes were loose collections of songs not good enough to make an album. Those days are over. In 2013, an age where artists recognize that the road to stardom is paved with free music, mixtapes have become full, original bodies of music in their own right.
But all that free music also means discovering something truly worth your time can be harder than finding a needle in a digital haystack. That’s why we've joined forces with PepsiPulse. Our “Mixtapes of the Month” series will narrow things down to five projects guaranteed to ensure some of the game's best work doesn’t pass you by.
The latest selection features projects from Raz Simone, ShaqIsDope, Alex Jordahl and more. Click here to check out the full breakdown on our selections.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/23/14
Featured In This Article
Seattle emcee Raz Simone has come together with Black Umbrella and 300 to release a digital full-length, the Cognitive Dissonance: Part One EP. Included on the 10-track project are previously-featured, Booth-approved... Read More
ShaqIsDope has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his latest EP, Early Beginnings: The Shaquille Baptiste Story. The project packs a total of 10 original tracks from the Toronto rhymesayer, along with one bonus... Read More
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)