Mitchy Slick & DJ Quik Add 3rd Show for June 19th in LA
LOS ANGELES, CA -- After a two night sold-out show at the Los Angeles House of Blues where Mitchy Slick and DJ Quik brought it down, a third and last night was just added for those who didn't have a chance to catch the show. Monday June 19th is your lucky night!
Mitchy Slick is due to release his Sophomore album Urban Survival Syndrome August 1st through Angeles Records. Angeles Records, the home of DJ Muggs, Self-Scientific, Mitchy Slick and more are very excited about the upcoming project. After the success of the last project DJ Muggs vs. GZA/The Genius "Grandmasters," we know we have the formula for success in house," explained Chace, CEO of Angeles Records.
Mithy Slick, a new breed of street MCs, who hustles harder at the music business than he did in the streets, plans to do the unthinkable; put his hometown San Diego, CA on the map with some help from his platinum recording artists friends which include W.C, Stong Arm Steady, Xzibit, C-Bo, Tiny Doo and Damu with production from Alchemist, DJ Muggs, DJ Khalil and Jelly Roll - all featured on the upcoming album Urban Survival Syndrome. www.myspace.com/ogmitchyslick
DJ Quik - when rap music first emerged in the mid 1970's, it connected the listeners immediately by addressing all aspects of urban life with its unique freedom of self-expression. As the music evolved into a global culture force, at least one rap icon remains true to the music's heritage. That man is DJ Quik. With four gold and platinum albums and production work with 2Pac, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre to his credit, DJ Quik stands as on of Hip-Hop's most consistent artists and musicians. www.myspace.com/djquik
Written by DJ Z on 06/15/06
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.