MIMS to Prepares for April 7th Release of “Guilt;” Pushes Lead Single “Move”
New York, NY - Returning to center stage after a chart-topping, platinum-certified debut, Capitol Records/ American King Music hip-hop artist MIMS is showing why he's still hot. "Move (If You Wanna)," the unstoppably rhythmic kick-off single from MIMS' forthcoming second album, Guilt, has set off a mad rush to the dance floor and to cyberspace by his fans, logging an astounding near- 9 million plays so far at http://www.myspace.com/mimsfanclub, the official MIMS MySpace site. The track is also the No. 2 most-added song nationally in the rhythmic crossover and urban formats. The single is currently at 15 million in overall audience.
"Move," was produced by Da Internz, one of the several A-list production collaborators on Guilt. The LP will also feature beats by Jim Jonsin, Blackout Movement, and others. Aside from the official video for "Move," a viral video has been shot for another album focus track, "One Day" featuring Ky-Mani Marley (son of reggae legend Bob Marley).
Guilt, the sophomore album by MIMS, will arrive in the physical and digital marketplace on April 7th, 2009. The album follows Music is My Savior, which featured the RIAA-certified platinum Billboard Hot 100 #1 dance anthem "This Is Why I'm Hot." The album and its singles generated cumulative sales of 300,000 domestic copies and 2 million digital downloads.
Written by richard on 02/13/09
You Might Like...
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.