MIMS to Prepares for April 7th Release of “Guilt;” Pushes Lead Single “Move”
New York, NY - Returning to center stage after a chart-topping, platinum-certified debut, Capitol Records/ American King Music hip-hop artist MIMS is showing why he's still hot. "Move (If You Wanna)," the unstoppably rhythmic kick-off single from MIMS' forthcoming second album, Guilt, has set off a mad rush to the dance floor and to cyberspace by his fans, logging an astounding near- 9 million plays so far at http://www.myspace.com/mimsfanclub, the official MIMS MySpace site. The track is also the No. 2 most-added song nationally in the rhythmic crossover and urban formats. The single is currently at 15 million in overall audience.
"Move," was produced by Da Internz, one of the several A-list production collaborators on Guilt. The LP will also feature beats by Jim Jonsin, Blackout Movement, and others. Aside from the official video for "Move," a viral video has been shot for another album focus track, "One Day" featuring Ky-Mani Marley (son of reggae legend Bob Marley).
Guilt, the sophomore album by MIMS, will arrive in the physical and digital marketplace on April 7th, 2009. The album follows Music is My Savior, which featured the RIAA-certified platinum Billboard Hot 100 #1 dance anthem "This Is Why I'm Hot." The album and its singles generated cumulative sales of 300,000 domestic copies and 2 million digital downloads.
Written by richard on 02/13/09
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.