Mike Posner and Chiddy Bang Rock Davidson College
Davidson, North Carolina - If you didn't know better you would have thought that January 23, was another normal campus weekend at Davidson college, but those who managed to check out Mike Posner and Chiddy Bang's show for the university’s winter festival know it was anything but. While the venue seemed to outmatch the talent coming to the stage that night, there was no denying a great opportunity to have a good time once the music started.
Starting off the festivities were Chiddy Bang and Xaphoon, who made their way on to the stage first in front of a packed atrium, and had one of the most entertaining live performances I’ve seen in awhile. They flowed through their set and touched on the fan favorite tracks from The Swelly Express, including The Opposite of Adults (KIDS) and Get Up in the Morning. Chiddy also did one of the better freestyles I’ve seen in a live show, becoming the first artist I've heard kick a rhyme off with "snooglie booglie." Xaphoon also did his part to kill his beats, giving the attending crowd even more reason to get loud.
It didn’t seem like there was any more energy left in the crowd once they left the stage, but as soon as Posner greeted the audience the liveliness was restored as he moved from track to track, covering songs from his previous mixtapes (including the fan favorite Drug Dealer Girl). Posner definitely delivered on his reputation as a dope live performer and his set helped ensure the night's up-tempo and exciting atmosphere. While the concert lasted only a few hours, the entirety of the performance was enough to remember for some time to come.
Written by Sigurd on 02/1/10
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.