Micheal “5000” Watts Turns Up the Voltage
Houston, TX -- Notoriously known for his signature brand of Chopped and Screwed Remixes, as well as countless other attributes, Swisha House founder, Micheal "5000" Watts is the latest official member of the Bumsquad DJ'z family. The coalition has celebrated a milestone year with regards to branding itself with events like its Annual Bumsquad DJ'z Family Reunion, and the DJ Screwfest; as well as exclusive endorsement deals with Skull Candy, and their own energy drink set to hit the shelves early 08. Add a legendary DJ like Watts to the mix and the added value of the coalition continues to yield a return.
Bumsquad DJ'z founder Latin Prince couldn't be happier to add one of Houston's most respected DJ's/label exec's to the roster, especially with Houston being the largest chapter of the Bumsquad DJ'z family. "We have some of the best up and coming talent as far as our dj's are concerned and having someone like Micheal "5000" Watts on board to serve as a mentor to some of our younger dj's who can just sit back and learn from watching the amazing moves that this man has made is a great opportunity for our crew." Says Latin Prince.
In addition to overseeing Swisha House, Watts continues to work as a DJ with shows on a plethora of radio stations throughout the nation further promoting his Swisha House remix brand. " I have a mix show that I'm doing on Saturdays from 9:00pm-10:00pm on K104 in Dallas. I also have shows on KMJJ 99.7 in Shreveport, Louisiana; 102.7 The Blade in Tyler, Texas and also V103 in Cottage Station, Texas," Watts rattles off effortlessly. "But my big show is 97.9 The Box in Houston, Texas every Sunday 9:00pm-1:00am and we do straight Swisha House mixes, screwed and chopped. I'm dedicated to doing those shows every week. I try to make sure I stay in the streets and in touch with what's going on."
Written by DJ Z on 11/20/07
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.