Michael “Young Son” Hannah Changes Stage Name to Mike Dreams
Minneapolis, MN -- Mike Dreams, (real name: Michael Alexander Hannah), formerly known as YOUNG SON, one of Minneapolis, Minnesota’s up and coming hip hop artists, has changed his rap alias to “Mike Dreams”.
“I felt I needed somewhat of a change. I needed a fresh start. I actually was in the middle of writing a record called 'Start Over Again' and just the words that I was writing became so brand [new] to me. It’s like I’ve worked really hard to try and get out there as an artist, and something just wasn’t clicking. I came to find out that having that 'Young' prefix on the name had sort of become a handicap. In 2009, especially for hip hop fans, it’s the year of critical thinking. As a new artist breaking into the game, I wanted to be able to be looked at as fresh and original, and with a name like 'YOUNG SON', people automatically connected me with a possible unoriginal artist because there are SO many 'Young' rappers out now. I also like the new name a lot because my actual name is Michael Hannah and I’ve been working on this album called Dreamer’s Poetry. In this point in life (and forever for that matter), I will always be a dreamer. I will always dream of doing more in music; in hip hop. I’ll always have dreams of inspiring people on the Mic. Mic Dreams. Well, in this case, 'Mike Dreams.'”
Written by richard on 09/5/09
You Might Like...
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.