MGD’s Genuine Flow Concert Series Hits Chicago; Features The Roots & Cee-Lo [Exclusive Coverage]
Chicago, IL -- Last Thursday, DJBooth.net was invited to the Miller Genuine Draft “Genuine Flow” concert in Chicago. The event, which was held at the legendary Vic Theatre, featured performances by The Roots and Cee-Lo.
Prior to the show, DJBooth was granted brief interviews with both Cee-Lo and ?uestlove of The Roots. Unfortunately, do to a “scheduling conflict,” ?uestlove was unavailable for his interview. However, Cee-Lo came through on his end and sat down with us for ten good minutes; we discussed Barack Obama’s entrance into the White House, the future of Gnarls Barkley, and the 2009 return of Goodie Mob.
Watch Cee-Lo’s interview with our very own DJ “Z” below:
Hosted by WGCI’s Tony Sculfield, “Genuine Flow” provided the sold out crowd with a unique opportunity; not only did both acts perform their own individual sets, but they also joined forces for an unbeatable 45 minute set together. The Roots played many of their hits, including “The Seed 2.0” and “Break You Off,” while Cee-Lo dazzled with an alternate version of “Crazy” and ended the evening with an un-backed a cappella treat.
Those in attendance included Adewale Ogunleye of the Chicago Bears, and recording artists GLC, Ben Sity, and Coldhard of Crucial Conflict.
(L) Captain Kirk Douglas, (R) ?uestlove
Crowd at Genuine Flow Concert
(L) ?uestlove, (R) Black Thought
All Photos By Eric Weiler
Written by DJ Z on 11/16/08
You Might Like...
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.