MGD’s Genuine Flow Concert Series Hits Chicago; Features The Roots & Cee-Lo [Exclusive Coverage]
Chicago, IL -- Last Thursday, DJBooth.net was invited to the Miller Genuine Draft “Genuine Flow” concert in Chicago. The event, which was held at the legendary Vic Theatre, featured performances by The Roots and Cee-Lo.
Prior to the show, DJBooth was granted brief interviews with both Cee-Lo and ?uestlove of The Roots. Unfortunately, do to a “scheduling conflict,” ?uestlove was unavailable for his interview. However, Cee-Lo came through on his end and sat down with us for ten good minutes; we discussed Barack Obama’s entrance into the White House, the future of Gnarls Barkley, and the 2009 return of Goodie Mob.
Watch Cee-Lo’s interview with our very own DJ “Z” below:
Hosted by WGCI’s Tony Sculfield, “Genuine Flow” provided the sold out crowd with a unique opportunity; not only did both acts perform their own individual sets, but they also joined forces for an unbeatable 45 minute set together. The Roots played many of their hits, including “The Seed 2.0” and “Break You Off,” while Cee-Lo dazzled with an alternate version of “Crazy” and ended the evening with an un-backed a cappella treat.
Those in attendance included Adewale Ogunleye of the Chicago Bears, and recording artists GLC, Ben Sity, and Coldhard of Crucial Conflict.
(L) Captain Kirk Douglas, (R) ?uestlove
Crowd at Genuine Flow Concert
(L) ?uestlove, (R) Black Thought
All Photos By Eric Weiler
Written by DJ Z on 11/16/08
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.