Melanie Fiona Previews New “The MF Life” Album in NYC (Exclusive Coverage)
Most people call Friday their favorite day of the week for two reasons: it’s either payday or the start of another weekend. But if you’re a music lover like me, then Tuesdays are usually the days that get most, if not all of your attention since that’s when an artist releases a new album. So it’s only right that Canadian songbird Melanie Fiona has my complete and undivided attention today. It’s been roughly three years since the singer/songwriter dropped a new full-length and I couldn’t be happier to see her back on the scene.
The Guyanese artist has been everywhere as of late, creating a buzz for her oft-delayed sophomore album The MF Life, which finally hit shelves today. In fact, on the eve of her latest offering, the Universal Motown/SRC recording artist hosted an intimate album release party at New York’s West Village hotspot The Darby, along with LOUD Records CEO Steve Rifkind and Roc Nation head honcho, Mr. Shawn Corey Knowles-Carter.
Melanie, who appeared to be in great spirits, treated an industry crowd to a five-song medley of high-energy performances and some impressive vocals to match of some of her latest songs including the J. Cole-assisted This Time, Running, Change The Record featuring B.o.B, Wrong Side of A Love Song and her current single, 4 AM.
Check the video clips below. Props to Killer BoomBox TV:
Written by Ru Porter on 03/21/12
You Might Like...
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)