MC Serch Drops “M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions”
MC Serch’s M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions is in digital stores now. The album is made up of seven tracks recorded by Serch in 1994 leading up to what would have been his second solo album on Def Jam, and three 3rd Bass tracks recorded in 2000. However, the second solo record never came, and the 3rd Bass tracks were also set aside. Until now. Coinciding with the success of EgoTrip’s The White Rapper Show on VH1, MC Serch is releasing the tracks on a digital only record via his own Serchlite Music. M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go hit digital stores this week.
ABOUT M.ANY Y.OUNG L.IVES A.GO: THE 1994 SESSIONS
Widely recognized as one of the most respected white rappers, MC Serch (born Michael Berrin) made up one-third of 3rd Bass. After three full-lengths with Pete Nice and DJ Richie Rich – two studio albums and a remix collection – Serch went solo with 1992’s Return of the Product. Like the 3rd Bass releases, it came out on Def Jam. One of the singles on the album, an extension of Main Source’s “Back to the Grill,” featured a return performance of Nas and hit the top of the Billboard rap chart; Serch also primed Nas for stardom by tapping his “Halftime” for the Zebrahead soundtrack and working with him on Illmatic, both of which he executive produced. In 2007 Serch is back with his long lost second solo album originally recorded in 1994, plus 3 previously unreleased 3rd Bass tracks recorded in 2000.
MC Serch – M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions To-Buy Links:
Written by DJ Z on 03/8/07
You Might Like...
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)