Master P Announces “Hip-Hop History” Album Release Date
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Master P announced that the release date of the first father-son hip-hop album titled "Hip-Hop History" will be September 4, 2007. The date was not chosen to compete with Curtis Jackson's delayed release, but rather to create balance in the marketplace and give kids a freedom of choice. Master P will be mixing it up with Chamillionaire, Silkk The Shocker and other rappers that want to continue making street music but without the explicit
lyrics. "Hip-Hop History" will be a collaboration between Master P and his son, Romeo, and will be produced by platinum producer Mike Diesel, Chip, and Hood Noise.
"This record isn't about making money, it's about providing a choice, changing, and hopefully saving lives," said Master P. All proceeds from this record will go towards a foundation and scholarships for underprivileged kids that want to further their education by going to
"Guaranteed Success," Master P's book on how people can achieve and maintain financial success, will also hit bookstores on the same date.
Master P is challenging to the media to devote their time and airwaves to the positive side of hip-hop. It would make a difference. "Before we condemn others for making a change, we should take a look in the mirror and ask ourselves, 'what are we doing? Are we a part of the problem, or are we a part of the solution?'" said Master P. "Take A Stand Records, the movement."
I heart you flipped stacks
Yeah I did that.
My brother's dead; cousins, friends
Can't get them back.
And since I changed,
I guess they think I got sauce.
I guess you hard when you're dead
Or locked behind bars.
Let the kids grow,
Let the kids dream.
Written by DJ Z on 05/30/07
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.