Marsha Ambrosius Sits Down With DJBoothTV for Exclusive Interview (Video)
Throughout the early-to-mid 2000s, Marsha Ambrosius was a staple of the urban music game, melding hip-hop, neo-soul and poetry as one-half of duo Floetry (co-founded with Natalie Dee). While the Liverpool-born singer-songwriter has been flying under the radar since the group's 2007 dissolution, concentrating her efforts on a handful of well-received street albums, she was by no means done with the mainstream – she was simply waiting till the time was ripe to make her grand re-entrance. Now, that moment has nearly come. On Late Nights and Early Mornings, "The Songstress" is back like she never left, showcasing a “sensual, sincere and seductive” sound sure to resonate with today's R&B listeners. Complete with Booth-approved lead single “Hope She Cheats on You (With a Basketball Player)”, the project is set to drop March 1 via J Records
In the exclusive video interview below, Marsha Ambrosius sits down with DJBoothTV's own Jacques Morel to discuss the genesis of the album's title, her creative control over the project, and how she managed to enlist the elusive Lauryn Hill on the songwriting tip.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/17/11
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.