Marsha Ambrosius Sits Down With DJBoothTV for Exclusive Interview (Video)
Throughout the early-to-mid 2000s, Marsha Ambrosius was a staple of the urban music game, melding hip-hop, neo-soul and poetry as one-half of duo Floetry (co-founded with Natalie Dee). While the Liverpool-born singer-songwriter has been flying under the radar since the group's 2007 dissolution, concentrating her efforts on a handful of well-received street albums, she was by no means done with the mainstream – she was simply waiting till the time was ripe to make her grand re-entrance. Now, that moment has nearly come. On Late Nights and Early Mornings, "The Songstress" is back like she never left, showcasing a “sensual, sincere and seductive” sound sure to resonate with today's R&B listeners. Complete with Booth-approved lead single “Hope She Cheats on You (With a Basketball Player)”, the project is set to drop March 1 via J Records
In the exclusive video interview below, Marsha Ambrosius sits down with DJBoothTV's own Jacques Morel to discuss the genesis of the album's title, her creative control over the project, and how she managed to enlist the elusive Lauryn Hill on the songwriting tip.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/17/11
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.