Marsha Ambrosius & Miguel Get Steamy in L.A. (Event Coverage)
As both artists celebrate the release of successful debut albums, young L.A. hitmaker Miguel (All I Want Is You) and unparalleled new soul singer Marsha Ambrosius (Late Nights & Early Mornings) hit Club Nokia's stage in L.A. Monday night, making the club steamier than a sauna in the process.
In a wide ranging set that blended his R&B roots with hard rock overtones, Miguel tore through his growing catalog of hits, starting with a remix to and ending with a nearly ten minute version of Quickie that found him jumping into the audience in celebratory fervor before coming back on stage for a Sure Thing encore.
Backed by DJ Aktive, who delivered a dance floor packing medley midset, Marsha let her personality shine throughout the night, drawing yells of support by dropping more than a couple f-bombs in between breathtaking renditions of her new singles, including the riot-inducing Hope She Cheats On You (With a Basketball Player).
To find out when Marsha Ambrosius hits a city near you click here.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/19/11
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.