Marsha Ambrosius & Miguel Get Steamy in L.A. (Event Coverage)
As both artists celebrate the release of successful debut albums, young L.A. hitmaker Miguel (All I Want Is You) and unparalleled new soul singer Marsha Ambrosius (Late Nights & Early Mornings) hit Club Nokia's stage in L.A. Monday night, making the club steamier than a sauna in the process.
In a wide ranging set that blended his R&B roots with hard rock overtones, Miguel tore through his growing catalog of hits, starting with a remix to and ending with a nearly ten minute version of Quickie that found him jumping into the audience in celebratory fervor before coming back on stage for a Sure Thing encore.
Backed by DJ Aktive, who delivered a dance floor packing medley midset, Marsha let her personality shine throughout the night, drawing yells of support by dropping more than a couple f-bombs in between breathtaking renditions of her new singles, including the riot-inducing Hope She Cheats On You (With a Basketball Player).
To find out when Marsha Ambrosius hits a city near you click here.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/19/11
You Might Like...
- Win Tickets to See Mick Jenkins & Kirk Knight Live in New York [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.