Mariah Carey’s E=MC² Album Enters At #1
New York, NY -- An unprecedented pre- and post-release campaign – including appearances on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, MTV’s The Hills, BET’s concert special, FOX’s IDOL Gives Back and American Idol, and The Oprah Winfrey Show – maximized exposure for international superstar Mariah Carey and her current smash hits, the #1 “Touch My Body” and #1 most added “Bye Bye,” resulting in a massive #1 debut on the Billboard 200 albums chart for E=MC² (in stores April 15th), weighing in with first week Soundscan sales of 463,000 units. E=MC² also debuts #1 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop albums chart and #1 on the Top Digital albums chart (Mariah's first-ever #1 digital album debut with over 50,000 scanned!). E=MC² represents the biggest first week debut of Mariah’s career.
The 11th studio album of her career, E=MC² follows-up The Emancipation Of Mimi, Mariah’s worldwide 10 million selling #1 album, which generated three Grammy awards (including Best Contemporary R&B Album), two #1 singles, and countless more honors during its 18-month stay on the charts. Released April 12, 2005, Mimi was an industry phenomenon for the mega-platinum award-winning superstar. Soundscan’s biggest-selling album of the year, it brought total sales of Mariah’s albums, singles and videos to over 160 million worldwide, making her the top-selling female recording artist in history.
Written by DJ Z on 04/23/08
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.